CALLING ALL APPLICATION SCIENTISTS!
We are currently shortlisting for these roles. Thank you.
16th June 2017
RHS Ltd has an immediate requirement for two full-time Application Scientists.
This is your opportunity to join a progressive and innovative company with over ten years of technical experience, two launched products and clinical services in the field of advanced single cell genomic technologies.
Specific requirements for each position vary and the focus of the roles are:
- Bioinformatic analysis of NGS results;
- Advanced use of open source software to assemble pipelines to analyse sequencing files;
- Use of bioinformatics measures such as amplification bias and ADO to inform protocol optimisation;
- Bioinformatic analysis of CNVs, point mutations and SNP variations;
- Experience analysing data following panel enrichment and BED file reporting;
- Illumina and Ion Torrent NGS experience, including library preparations and instrument set-up and management.
Clinical Genomics Specialisation:
- Assistance with NATA or ISO13485 accreditation and/or laboratory audits;
- Experience processing oncology and or clinical samples, cell-free DNA and/or CTCs;
- Molecular biology protocol standardisation and results reporting.
Skills and experience: Bachelor of Science or equivalent with at least five years post-graduate experience in sequencing techniques and bioinformatics and/or clinical laboratory experience.
Experience in Next Generation Sequencing, bioinformatics, human genetics, cytogenetics, single cell PCR and working in a sterile laboratory is a prerequisite.
As part of a small, highly innovative team, it is essential that you can work with minimal supervision and be highly motivated.
Personal Attributes: We are looking for outstanding and enthusiastic candidates who can bring passion and commitment to these newly created roles, along with an exceptional work ethic. You will have excellent communication skills, written and oral, and enjoy working within a small team. You will be a critical thinker, a born problem solver with the capacity to analyse results and provide solutions to the improvement of complex protocols. You will have high attention to detail, along with excellent record keeping skills, and will actively contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of a world class biology laboratory. Flexibility and adaptability to accommodate work commitments, including the possibility of overseas conference attendance, is essential.
RHS offers staff members the opportunity to develop their skills through ongoing training and provides an avenue for career development and advancement. You will be joining a great team within a progressive and innovative company where collaboration is key to successful outcomes. An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the skills and training brought to the position will be negotiated.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying please refer to the Job & Person Specification, available above. If you believe you have the experience and the desire to make a positive contribution to RHS, please send your application letter and resume outlining your qualifications, achievements and employment history, and role you are applying for address to Rachel Lawson, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applications without an application letter will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE Close of business (5pm), Monday 3 July 2017